26 October 2011

Hair-to-do

I've been so thrilled some recent lovely blog comments about my hairstyle. I am obsessed with my hair - in that I am never, ever happy with it. It has a strong wave through it which has been the bane of my life, and it has never done what I wanted it to. 

I've tried so many styles in my search for "the hairstyle" - the one that I'll love, that will make me feel gorgeous, the one that I won't have to beat my hair into submission to achieve. A selection of my past hair styles:
*please excuse my silly face in these, they are for hair-illustrative purposes only!

Most recent was the long blonde hair which I chopped up into a crop last February. That was fun! I wanted to see what would happen - and now that I've seen it I want it long again! Not because I don't like it, but because I want CHANGE. This photo of Michelle Williams was the inspiration for my crop. I love her! And I still love this cut - I may return to it one day. 
Next up I'm thinking of something like this - a bob with a fringe, then just keep it like that until it's long again! But maybe red. Or maybe dark brown (which is my natural hair colour). The other problem is that my hair grows super slowly. So many hairstyles, so little time!


So do you think you've found your ideal 'do? Would you go for a crop? (I must say it was a scary step). Are you ever tempted to make a huge change?

14 thoughts:

[OKAY BONES] said... Reply to comment

You're sooooo pretty! It makes me so happy to see all those photos! ^_^
I admire the crop cut SOOOO much -- I am just not ballsy enough! although! I did used to have that emo messy back long front short-do.. I don't think that was my best bet. I'll have to see if I can't find some surely awful photos of it haha.. Also! That medusa is SUPER CUTE on you!!! I see that go so well on a lot of people. Go you! <3 / PS I like the updates you've done! -- I disappeared without doing a single thing I said.. I haven't forgotten, though! xo

Cait said... Reply to comment

I love your hair as it is at the moment, I'm always tempted to go short and I love that pic of MIchelle Williams but I don't think it would suit me I'm sure I would regret it straight away. I like to change my hairstyle from time to time, I usually have it cut into a bob then grow it out and the cycle usually continues like that lol!

HoneyBunny said... Reply to comment

You're hair great and it suits you so well, but I think I'd never cut my hair short as it doesn't suit me and I wouldn't feel good in it:)

The Canon Girl said... Reply to comment

I'm really digging both haircuts but I'm thinking you look the most unique and awesome with the Michelle Williams cut! I love her, she's such a gorgeous woman and her hair is just epic. I also have a special place in my heart (haha, I typed 'hair' instead of 'heart' :-D) for her because she was married to my celebcrush, Heath Ledger <3. The long blonde 'do looks fab on you too! Especially the color.

Gabrielle - I LIKE IT FAST said... Reply to comment

I love these hairstyles! I've wanted super long hair for years now though so I'm a bit stubborn with a haircut... but one day!

Anonymous said... Reply to comment

I love really short hair.
But it's high maintenance.

I get bored with my hair so easily.
I don't think the perfect cut exists. If it did we'd all know about it right?

Bethany Kellen of bunnypicnic said... Reply to comment

i've been growing out my hair for what seems like forever. but it's finally making ~progress~ i just want mermaid dark brown hair. then i want to cut it off really cute and short and make it blonde (my natural color).

welldressedmaker said... Reply to comment

I love your hair, and I would like to crop mine all off except I am totally terrified to do it!
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights

Trees said... Reply to comment

I love changing my hair - going to the hairdresser is pretty much my most favourite thing ever! I cut my hair pretty short when I was living overseas (in Taipei - damn it was HOT) and I want to grow it out, but I am impatient and it never seems to happen!

Cosmia, Inflammatory Knit said... Reply to comment

Anyone thinking of a crop should GO FOR IT in my opinion :)

Karima said... Reply to comment

I think it looks pretty good on u, love that look of Michelle W. as well

www.dresscodezero.blogspot.com

Jul said... Reply to comment

Well, I think you'd look great with a bob like that!
I'm not so adventurous when it comes to my hair, I almost always kept it the same length...I'd never go for a cut like that just because I have such a round face and I'd look rounder, haha :) I like it on others though.
Life is a romantic poem

Dandy-Doll said... Reply to comment

I love your hair as it is... but I understand, a fringe is cool!!

XOXO

http://thedandydoll.blogspot.com/

Percy Owl said... Reply to comment

That michelle pic was the exact one I took to my hair dresser when I got it cut short again!
It sounds and looks like we have similar hair issues. Apart from never having it the same style, my hair has some sort of wave that has changed through time. Not curly enough anymore to look good, but def not straight. Hmm. Atm I have to use a hair straightener every time. I'm considering cutting it shorter with more layers so I can wear it natural, but I'm scared of getting the same haircut as a 60yo lol.
Your hair looks good atm though, I love the red.

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love reading new style blogs so please leave a link to yours if you have one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...